Most of us have those days that our mood needs an uplift, however, we either feel tired, or simply don’t know how to crush the bad mood, and start feeling great. Due to the weather here being colder than it usually is during mid May, and the plenty of rain in the last few weeks – my mood was way down.
Here is what I do to lift my mood when feeling down and blue.
1. Aromatherapy – I am using different plant oil extracts such as orange, and apple cinnamon, or mango and papaya, and peach, and Opus 5. I am using these oils in the water air purifier, and feel so well with the above mentioned scents. Give it a try 🙂
2. Flowers – This is Springtime, and there are so many beautiful and colorful flowers around. I so much love taking my camera and shooting the flowers in my own front yard, or shooting the flowers of neighbors. And even after rain these colorful beauties look absolutely gorgeous and sparkled with tiny diamond droplets.
3. Breathing – I practice deep and slow breathing with my daily meditation. You don’t have to meditate to restore your breathing habits. Just take 5 to 15 minutes every day, and while relaxing give your body the cleansing power of deep and slow breathing that will restore much more than your mood alone.
4. Human touch – Give a hug to a friend, or your partner, or your kid, and you’ll feel happy and with elevated mood right away – try it, and you’ll see 😉
5. Laughing – When we laugh, we are releasing endorphins, and these compounds are known to give us a sense of well-being – our naturally produced drug 😉 You could read some jokes, or watch a comedy movie, or watch a YouTube video such as this one if you don’t know how to start laughing right away:
There must be more ways to push up your mood, but these are the once working so well for me that I wanted to share here on Totally Useless with you.
Be always fabulous and have a splendid week ahead 😉
Tags: Aromatherapy - plant oil extracts, breathing - practise deep and slow breathing, Flowers - colorful beauties, How to Lift a Bad Mood, human touch - give a hug, Kassandra Photography - spring beauties, laughing - releasing endorphins